Monday 19 June 2017

Squishy's thoughts on Q Con 2017

Last year I went to my first gaming convention for a day. You can find my thoughts on it here. This year I went to the same convention except this time I went all out. I went for the entire weekend and even cosplayed as Jeff from Earthbound. So here are my thoughts on the event.


If you haven't play Earthbound, here is the character I cosplayed as!



Friday
I mainly spent the Friday getting back into the swing of things since its been a year. I picked up my lanyard and got started. Everything was just as I remember it (minus getting lost for half an hour like last year). I didn't go in cosplay on the Friday since I just wanted to focus on the con itself first. It felt nice to get into it again and I enjoyed it.

Saturday
Saturday was when I really got into it. It was the day I wore my Jeff cosplay. I got asked for photos by two people because of it which made me feel awesome. I also got some photos of some of my favourites!




There was a cosplay talent show which was filled both talent and memes. My favourite act had to be someone dressed as Pearl from Steven Universe singing "Its Over Isn't It". She even had the suit!

There was also a concert with the Irish Video Game Orchestra. They played music from different fandoms such as Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda (because they had two harps), Yuri on Ice (which I now started watching) and Undertale. The orchestra was outstanding and they streamed it live on Facebook for the first time. You can find some of their work on Facebook.

Sunday
I was going to go as Jeff again but it happened to be the warmest weekend of 2017 so for my health and comfort I didn't. Sunday was similar to Friday in where I didn't have anything in particular planned. I just walked around Artist Alley (RIP my wallet). I might have left with too much stuff...


Overall I had a blast at Q Con this year. It was ten times better than last year. The only thing that annoys me about it is that I have to wait a year for the next one. I miss it already but I'm really looking forward to next year. I even have some cosplay ideas. Thanks for reading and I hope everyone had a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment