Wednesday 17 January 2018

Squishy's thoughts on Nintendo Labo

So under an hour ago, Nintendo announced their newest... thing that will be targeted at kids or kids at heart. That thing was Nintendo Labo, which will be cardboard "machines" that work with your Nintendo Switch in a variety of different ways. So without further ado lets look into this.

The nearly three minute trailer showed off a variety of different ways to play like;

  • Piano
  • Robot
  • Fishing pole
  • Camera
  • Steering wheel
There are more but those are the main ones that are in my head at the moment. Like most cardboard contraptions these days, the user must build it themselves. I like this element as it could be a good way to show children a basic idea on how certain things are built. For example, the fishing pole looked pretty good for only being made of cardboard. I can see this being used for educational purposes or as a craft project at home.

Hopefully the cardboard is good quality. I wouldn't want to be the person having their cardboard camera destroyed in the rain. At least it can be coloured in to look pretty though.

Personally, I'm not gonna bother with it unless it somehow ends up in my household (I have my brother in mind as I'm typing this). To me, its a mixture of cool, stupid, "why?" and meme material. It releases on the 27th April which isn't bad.

Thank you for reading and what do you think about Labo? Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment