Friday 14 September 2018

Squishy’s thoughts on the September 2018 Nintendo Direct

IT HAPPENED! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!!!

So last night/yesterday we had the September Nintendo Direct, and oh boy was it eventful. So here are my thoughts on it!

The Direct started with Luigi exploring a haunted mansion, but not just any mansion, one that’s gonna be explored in Luigi’s Mansion 3! I’ve only played an hour of Dark Moon, but it’s nice to have all three games on the newest systems. Also, the remake of the first game is coming out in time for Halloween, on the 19th October.

Next are some of the next remakes coming to the 3DS. We got a release date for Bowser’s Inside Story (25th January). That’s my favourite Mario and Luigi so I look forward to that. There’s also Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn, which is extremely random. I loved that game to pieces, but it came out of left field. It’s gonna have extra stuff and release in 2019. I love how the 3DS is still alive, but it doesn’t look like for long since it’s just ports.

Next is the Switch, which blew me away. The one thing I found extremely weird and slightly pointless is the port of (ahem) New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe (quite a mouthful). The fact that it still has U in the name throws me off a little. Plus, what on earth is Peachette? Is Toadette secretly a Mushroom Kingdom version of Sailor Moon or something? But a moment of silence to Blue Toad... Well this will release on the 11th January.

I don’t care for the paid online anymore and won’t be getting it until a certain 2019 game that they announced during the Direct is released. Moving on

Then they announced some more games that are coming to Switch. Some shocking titles like Katamari, Civalization VI and a bunch of Final Fantasy games. It’s so weird to have this kind of stuff on Nintendo consoles. I’ve always wanted to try some Final Fantasy games and Katamari. I do own Civalization 3 and 4, so now feels like a good time to actually try playing them. My mind is blown!

In between all that, there were a few more first party games, like Super Mario Party (5th October baby!) and Yoshi’s Flipping Crafted World (Spring 2019). I’m so hyped for these! I’ve been so excited for a good Mario Party and I loved Yoshi’s Woolly World, so these are up my alley.

The last thing that they announced was a rollercoaster of emotions. First they showed Isabelle and I thought “Animal Crossing Switch”. Then Pete gave her the Smash invitation and I was slightly disappointed, but so happy for Isabelle. After the Smash trailer, Tom Nook showed up pulling an “I’ve been expecting you” and my mind went to “Tom Nook is an Echo fighter!?”. Nope. BANG! We got our Animal Crossing Switch announcement! YESSS!!! It’s coming 2019!

Overall, I could say this is the best Direct ever just because of Animal Crossing, but I won’t let it cloud my judgements. It was a pretty solid Direct. A lot of cool things were announced, we had a good balance of ports, games we already know and some outlandish ones. Even if the Online segment and NSMBU Deluxe was kinda meh. Thank you for reading and what did you all think of the Direct?

No comments:

Post a Comment