Friday 6 October 2017

Squishy: Stardew Valley: Welcome to Cosmic Farm!

Since I saw a Youtuber I like do a series of this game, I was interested. However the two things that put me off was that it was only available on things I didn't have/use and that I was afraid that the text size would be too small for me (my vision sucks)

Yesterday I decided to buy it and give it a try (plus the games in my birthday deal sucked so this was a better idea). So far I'm enjoying it so I decided to make it a full series on my blog. It will normally be posted on Sundays but I got too excited to wait. So lets get started!


So I started by creating my character. I forgot to take a photo of the rest of my info. My name is Squishy, my farm is Cosmic and my favourite thing is chocolate. I also picked the regular farm.


(Sorry for the quality of these images by the way)

The game starts with my dying grandpa giving me an envelope, which I wasn't allowed to open until my modern life started to suck.


XX years later shows the behind the scenes of Cosmic Acorns the sucky modern life. I open my grandpa's letter and its the deed to Cosmic farm, found in Stardew Valley. Sweet!


When I arrive I meet Robin... and my town in ruins!


I then meet mayor Lewis. He doesn't really look wise but at least his hat looks cool.


Lewis and Robin start arguing about my house and the day ends there.




One thing I noticed is that the saving screen looks really boring. Its just white text over a black background.

I wake up and figure out the controls quickly.


I'm given a TV right of the bat so that I can check the weather.


Lewis left me 15 parsnip seeds so I cleared some land and got to work right away. I love the spite work and the animations. They are a nice touch.


As I continued clearing the land I came across a problem, my axe isn't strong enough. I guess that means tools can be upgraded.


I played a lot more and discovered a few thngs but I save it all for future entries. I will probably post a review of this game after I play it a bit more. Thank you for reading and I'll see you on Sunday for some more Stardew Valley!

No comments:

Post a Comment