Monday 23 October 2017

Squishy: Animal Crossing Mobile isn't dead!

Earlier today, Nintendo announced that they will be having a 15 minute long Direct about the up and (finally) coming Animal Crossing mobile app. It will be live on Wednesday 25th October at 7am (UK time, wow Nintendo like ruining my sleep schedule). Here are my thoughts on what I think will be announced.


Nintendo told us that they won't be announcing anything else other than information about the app. However, I think they will at least mention any compatibility that it might have with games that are currently out. Plus Nintendo tend to kind of lie about these things so we might actually get more than we bargained for.

No matter what the game is actually about, I think there will be some sort of character customization. Whether its a social media app or a game similar to ones from the main series, it would be a crime to not have a main character to work with.

I remember someone mentioning that there would be multiplayer of some sort (I can't remember if it was Nintendo or just a popular suggestion). If it was a game that involves creating and designing something then the ability to share it with friends would be cool. If it was a social media app then I can see there just being a chat feature or something. I don't know how a mobile game will be able to make a proper multiplayer similar to the main games work. I guess we'll see on Wednesday.

Lastly and the most obvious thing that they will (well, should) be announced is the release date. For the last year the app was like a unicorn that only showed up in leaks and randomly in the Animal Crossing community. Nintendo should put us all to rest and give us a date to work with.

Thank you for reading and I'll see you back here on Wednesday for my reaction. I will be back with New Leaf on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment