Wednesday 18 October 2017

Squishy: Expanding on my Event ideas (1)

Back in September I gave some of my event ideas for a possible Switch version of Animal Crossing. That gave me the idea to start drawing out storyboards for some of my events to get a better idea of what they look like. So I did just that and will be showing them today.

(Keep in mind that my drawing skills aren't the best, this is just to show the basic idea of the event. So without further ado, lets get started!)

Fruit Festival
The Fruit Festival is where you give villagers your native fruit and you can choose between either a different fruit or some fruit themed furniture. This is a way for players who may not be able to trade with other players to easily get fruit.


As you can see above, I have my player giving Rosie(?) an orange. In return she will either give me a pear or a piece of furniture. For the furniture so far I have the kiwi stool which is already an item in New Leaf. Then next to it I have a banana sofa (the little cushions are sliced up pieces of banana). This is a new item that I designed which I think would look cool in a fruit themed home.

Swimming Race
The Swimming Race is easy enough. You head to the beach wearing a wet suit and race against one-three villagers to win a trophy. I will add on further that if you can keep beating your swimming time, you can get an exclusive set of furniture.


You can see my character drowning swimming with Iggly behind her. Since Iggly is a penguin, he is a faster swimmer while if I made a sheep character swim they would be much slower. The event would also have an award ceremony. I haven't decided who would host the event yet though. I'm thinking about either Kapp'n or Pascal. If anyone has any ideas feel free to leave them in the comments!

Pumpkin Carving
This is where you make a design and have it carved onto a pumpkin. The pumpkin will sit outside our house for the rest of October.


Yes I gave my pumpkin a mustache.

The designs tab has evolved so much over the years. It would be awesome to see it used more in events and stuff.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to drawing more of these storyboards for other events.

No comments:

Post a Comment