Friday 2 November 2018

Squishy’s thoughts on the November Smash Direct

So yesterday, Nintendo had their last pre-release Nintendo Direct for Super Smash Bros Ultimate, where we got shown that mode that was blurred out, the remaining characters and more. So here are my thoughts on the Super Smash Bros Ultimate Nintendo Direct!

Let’s start with the layout of the Direct overall. The beginning and end were perfect! However, the middle felt very wordy with Sakarai rambling about a lot of the features. Sure, it was stuff we need to know about the game and I appreciate the enthusiasm, but it really made it feel like the end of the E3 presentation where it just went on and on.

Next are the characters. I wasn’t waiting for any in particular, but was glad to see the Sun/Moon Pokemon Incineroar (did I spell that right?) show up, since every game has at least one new Pokemon. We also got Ken from Street Fighter as an Echo fighter for Ryu, which a lot of people were happy about. Sakarai also announced DLC characters, the first one being Pirhrana Plant. Yep, I’m not joking. A potted plant beat Waluigi. I was laughing my butt off the whole time. I didn’t buy DLC for Smash 4, but I might have to this time.

The last thing that really stuck out to me was the story/adventure mode. So what happens is that all of the characters turn into spirits, except Kirby because of course. It’s up to him to rescuer the other characters. Also THE OPENING THEME HAS LYRICS! And they aren’t in Latin! (not that Latin sucks or anything). The song is amazing and I got teary listening to it.

Really the only thing I’m disappointed about is the lack of trophies, but that’s for a valid reason. Overall though, it was a good Direct and I’m looking forward to the game (and maining Isabelle because I have an Amiibo lol) Thanks for reading and have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment