Friday 28 July 2017

Beth: Splatoon 2 First Impressions

Today marks a week since the Splatoon 2 release, and I'm very happy to say my first impressions are good! I haven't played much story mode, but I'm already spending a lot of fun time online.

The first part of the game is this little announcement - made to look almost like a TV show. It shows the online battle, ranked battle and league battle stages before you enter the actual game. This is kind of cool and useful, but I wish you could skip it. Seeing it multiple times a day is a little...much, and I wish it was optional!

Before I even entered the game, I did some 'warming up' in a trial. I like that they included this before the game even started - it meant I could go straight into online mode without worry.

The center of Splatoon 2 is the Inkopolis Square, where you can travel to different sections of the square and shops. The shops include places to buy equipment, clothing, accessories and shoes. Other places lead you to online play, local play and even a single player story mode!
 
The single player story is kind of like a 3D platformer, and although I haven't played much yet, it looks cool.

At the moment, my favourite part of the game so far is online Turf Wars! I could play this for hours, and I already have :P I'm not sure if I'm going to enjoy the story mode even half as much, but Turf Wars is worth the whole game at the moment!

Thanks for reading! What do you think of the game so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment