Saturday 16 June 2018

Squishy’s thoughts on E3 2018

So E3 came and went (and still no Animal Crossing haha). Seriously though, I’m here to tell you all my thoughts on Nintendo’s E3 presentation. I’m just gonna say quickly that the intro was adorable with the Joy Cons spinning around and stuff! Okay I’ll get serious now!

The first thing that was shown I cared about was Super Mario Party and they finally got rid of that stupid car. YES!!! This was on my wishlist so I’m glad that we got it. I don’t care for some of the gimmicky mini games like the ones with the Switch in tabletop mode. I’m just glad to see the traditional formula back!

Next is the Untitled Fore Emblem game, or should I say “Fire Emblem Three Houses”. The game looks incredible and the music is just beautiful. People are already making instrumental covers of it on Youtube it’s that good. Sucks that it’s been delayed but I don’t care if we are getting something so we’ll crafted. I love how Nintendo is putting more thought into translating Fire Emblem lately. Fates was good, but the English version of “Lost in Thoughts All Alone” was a little messy compared to the Direct Japanese translation of the lyrics. They are improving from that and I can see that through Echos and Three Houses. I’m so excited!

Fortnite is on Switch now, which has been rumoured. Cool for those who were really wanting it. I sucked at Splatoon so I might suck at this too. Yeah this is a bad comparison but I’m just not good with guns and real life players. I’ll see how I go.

Lastly (or should I say half way through the presentation), they moved on to Super Smash Bros Ultimate. I’m not joking! We had 15 minutes of everything else, then Smash took up nearly half an hour. I like Smash as much as the next person but it was sooooo looooong... I shouldn’t be able to go to the bathroom and get a drink, only to come back to the same thing (unless it’s a game specific Direct). For the game itself, I’m glad we are getting everyone back, along with RIDLEY and... Daisy? Either way it’s gonna be the holiday game this year.

Overall I found this E3 to be okay. It was a shame to not hear about the new Yoshi game (Nintendo seems to like abandoning Yoshi games) but we did get some cool stuff in the first 15 minutes. At first, I was most excited for Smash but since we all pretty much know everything about the game, my winner will have to be Super Mario Party. Thank you for reading and what did you all think of E3?

No comments:

Post a Comment