Friday 8 June 2018

Squishy's E3 2018 Thoughts and Predictions

Its that time of the year again where the gaming community asks for stuff like kids on Christmas (then either get blown away or severely disappointed). So like I do every year, I'm going to go over what I think Nintendo will show us, along with a slightly unrealistic wish-list. Sp lets get started!


What I think will show up
The 3DS probably won't show up much, similar to last year (unless I have to eat my words again like that last Direct). The only reason I could see it getting any focus is if the Bowser's Inside Story remake is being shown, which probably won't.

The main focus will really be on the Switch. Since Super Smash Bros for Switch will be there and playable, I'm pretty sure they will announce at least one other new character to the roster. Maybe even more? Who knows! We have Metroid Prime 4 and the Untitled Fire Emblem game that are planned for release this year, but nothing has been shown about them. I can see them making an appearance, especially Metroid.


We will more than likely get something from Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eeeve and also that new Yoshi game in development. Maybe even an actual title for the Yoshi game. Lastly, we will probably get a teaser for the next big Switch game for 2019. This could be one of three as these are the only big Nintendo franchises that haven't made any appearance to the Switch (and that actually have a standing chance of it, sorry F Zero). Those are;

  • Pikmin - A lot of people (including myself) thought the Metroid Prime 4 teaser was about Pikmin, since it showed outer space at first. Even a Pikmin 3 port would be nice, as annoying as the ports are for some people.
  • Star Fox - Yeah, Star Fox Zero was a total flop, but a lot of Wii U games were and a lot of the franchises that flopped on Wii U got better on Switch, so there's a chance
  • Animal Crossing - This is the biggest out of the three mentioned (and its probably getting old coming from me lol). But its been 6.5 years since a main Animal Crossing game released in Japan. Give the people what we want! 



Every Animal Crossing fan for the last 3 years

The Unrealistic Stuff
Here is where the wish-list comes in. This is the stuff that probably won't happen, but a nerd can dream, right? 

First of all, I would love some better Super Mario Odyssey DLC. Sure, the costumes are nice but I want some more kingdoms. Maybe Delfino Plaza or the Comet Observatory (there are better places in Galaxy, but this place doesn't require all that gravity stuff). 

While on the topic of Mario, I would love either a new Paper Mario or a new Mario Party (without those stupid cars). I've only played Super Paper Mario (didn't mind) and Sticker Star (yuck). I've always wanted to try a "true" Paper Mario game (I have the original on Wii U but haven't touched it yet) but a new one would be awesome. Mario Party is the same. I've played DS, 8 and a little bit of 2. A better Mario Party would be amazing (plus, two Joy Cons next to each other look like the number 11)

One game that I really enjoyed lately was Story of Seasons. If XSEED could get one on the Switch, I think it would be amazing! A lot of people are split on what way is the best way to play farming simulators. This is the best of both worlds!

Another game that I've been enjoying a lot since I got my TV sorted Boom Street (Fortune Street in America). For anyone who doesn't know, its a game series that plays like Monopoly, but with stocks and Dragon Quest characters (sometimes others too). Seems like a random game choice but it would be perfect for the Switch. If a friend wanted to play, you just hand them a Joy Con. The game only requires a few buttons each anyway. It also had a decent sized community before the Wii's online was shut down (rest in peace online). This would bring the online presences back into the global fanbase for this game. Maybe this time, they could add Zelda characters instead of Mario ones. It wa=ould be awesome!

Lastly, I want Mother 3 because why not? Thank you for reading and what do you all want to see at E3 this year? I'm curious to hear what other people want!

No comments:

Post a Comment