Tuesday 12 June 2018

Cosmic Acorn's 2nd Blogiversary

So the blog is now 2 years old. This is really weird, but also kinda awesome! Since I've already told you the story of how it all started last year, I'm going to talk about some of my favorite posts, along with things like country stats like last time and other little things.



Look Back
I did a lot of experimentation this year, since I ended up with full reign (again) on the blog. Other games popped up a lot more besides Animal Crossing like Stardew Valley, Miitopia (which is still going) and even Virtual Reality at one point (thanks high school). I've gotten a lot better at covering certain events like E3, Directs, Q Cons (going again next weekend by the way) and a concert from the Irish Video Game Orchestra! I even tried out Squishmas for the first time last December, which was an idea that I wanted to do since the beginning, but didn't have the courage to do. Glad I did it! I've also gotten a lot better at planning ahead for certain situations (like that internet plague back in April and also almost June).

I created a Facebook page, along with reviving my Tumblr account. I even made business cards to hand out at Q Con! Seems weird and kind of random but they look cool!

Of course, I'm far from perfect. I kinda just went from being comepletely new to blogging, to being slightly less new to it lol. I could have done better with my Stardew Valley series. I didn't have an SD card at the time and was taking potato quality photos from my phone. At least now if the Switch version gets updated and if I start another series, I'm more prepared.

Shout Outs
Similar to last year, here are the top ten countries that read the blog thoughout the last two years! This year they are;

  • United States
  • United Kingdom
  • Canada
  • Australia
  • Poland
  • France
  • Russia
  • Germany
  • Ukraine
  • Portugal
Quite a lot remained the same, except a few countries swapped places and were even switched for different ones. I also got a scratch map for Christmas, which I'm using to keep track of all the countries that read the blog (since it only shows the top ten). Here's what it looks like. If I missed your country, feel free to tell me!


Hi Kenya all alone!

A shout out to everyone I mentioned last year who have continued their support. Also a thank you to Q Con for simply being awesome and for encouraging me to try blogging about new things. The same for the Irish Video Game Orchestra. They are both the closest to nerdy things I can do in real life and have been a huge inspiration. Keep it up guys!

And again, a huge thank you for everyone who reads the blog, whether you do it everyday or only once. It all really means a lot to me. Here are a few memories from the last year;









Thank you for reading and here's to another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment