Wednesday 15 November 2017

Squishy's thoughts on the "A Journey of Heroes" concert

Last Saturday I went to the see a concert from the Irish Video Game Orchestra, an orchestra that has been playing at Q Con for the last few years. Well this is the first time they held a concert outside of a convention so I was excited. Here are my thoughts on the event.


The music itself was amazing! Some of it was repeats from Q Con but it was nice to hear them again. They had music from many different gaming franchises like Mario, Zelda, Final Fantasy and many more. They even sneaked in some non gaming scores from Game of Thrones and Studio Ghibili which was a nice touch!


The stage also had some coloured lights and a screen in the background showing footage of games that corresponds with the music. I liked these added details since they bring you into the worlds that the music originally came from.


The fire alarm went off midway through the event. Luckily the conductor joked about it and took it professionally after that. It was both funny and amazing hearing everyone clap when it stopped. Here is a video of the alarm going on.


There was also a raffle near the end. My sister and I bought 3 strips of tickets (15 altoghter). They were going towards the orchestra themselves so we knew they were going to an awesome place. We weren't expecting to win anything, but we did!


My sister and I split the winnings. I got the Pop Figure while she got the rest.


Overall, the concert was amazing and I'm not just saying that because I'm a sucker for video game music. There were people of all ages there having a good time and I was happy to be a part of that. I look forward to their next concert!

Thank you for reading and I'll see you all here next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment