Wednesday 28 March 2018

Super Smash Bros: Who will stay and who will go? (part 1)

A few weeks ago in the most recent Nintendo Direct, the next Smash Bros was announced along with playable Inklings. So that got me thinking. Who will return? Who will leave? Who else could be added. I'm going to talk about that today!

Personally I think Nintendo could go about this in one of two ways. They would either;

  • Bring back the whole roster from Smash 4 and just add additional characters, for the sake of saving resources on Smash amiibo (current roster below)
  • It will work like previous games and we will just lose some characters


So who do I think will stay or go?

Of course the original 12 are safe, which are Mario, DK, Link Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, Luigi, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon and Ness. But no one else is safe really. Now I will go through the remaining characters by seines and see what they will probably do with it character wise.

Mario Series and Co
I don't think we need anymore Mario characters. I see Peach, Bowser and Diddy Kong coming back. I can also see Dr Mario come back (I can hear the angry mob) if they made Mario's move set incorporates Cappy, that way Mario's original moveset would still be in the game. Otherwise I don't want Dr Mario. I think they will choose between Rosalina or Bowser Jr. They were both cool for one game but we really do only need one or the other.

Legend of Zelda series
When was the last time they added a Zelda character that wasn't another version of Link? Melee. A new Zelda character is long overdue. The most obvious character I can think of is Impa (one of the younger versions but it would be funny watching an old lady kick someone's butt). Similar to my Mario and Dr Mario idea, I think if Link got a whole new move set that's themed around Breath of the Wild, then I wouldn't mind Toon Link coming back. Otherwise, please don't because we don't need more clones. One thing though, will Zelda and Shiek be one character again or not?

Metroid series
Maybe Metroid Prime 4 will show off a Smash worthy character to represent the series in this game. I personally don't care if Ridley makes it in or not but it would be the bigget troll if he was added and then played like rubbish. Like Zelda and Shiek, will the two versions of Samus be the same character or not?

Kid Icarus series
We need more Kid Icarus characters. Viridi or Hades have a good shot but other than that I don't know. We will of course have Pit return and more than likely have Palutena come back too.

Fire Emblem series
As good looking as most of them are, we don't need more of them. I would even say that either Robin or Corrin will get cut. We don't need two avatar characters that are half sword, half something else. If they could somehow make Marth and Ike different, that would be awesome.

Kirby series
I currently like the lineup of Kirby characters and can't think of who else to add (unless a giant emotional tree counts). Although Banadna Waddle Dee would make sense since he is the player 4 out of the current crew, he wouldn't be that interesting. What would he even do for a Final Smash? Other Kirby characters only show up once or twice in the series.

I will continue with my predictions again soon. Thanks for reading and what do you think will happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment