Sunday 11 March 2018

Squishy's thoughts on the March 2018 Nintendo Direct

So Nintendo's Direct has come and gone, with only eye memes remaining (we'll get on that later). So here are my thoughts on what was shown.

First of all I was so off in my predictions. The one time I try to be realistic and up to date on current announcements, Nintendo throws it all out the window and gives us one of the better directs. Since there's so much stuff I'll have to lay this out a little differently. So here goes...

Nintendo 3DS

Warioware Gold
Oh my goodness! I've been calling this for years and it finally happened. I really enjoy the Warioware series and look forward to it releasing on July 27th.

Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story remake
This is one of my favourite RPGs of all time (besides Earthbound) so I welcome this. I'm so excited to hear this game's awesome soundtrack remastered (especially that final boss theme). The only bad thing is that they skipped Partners in Time. I know that was the weakest game in the Mario and Luigi series, but this could have been an opportunity to improve it (especially for America who basically got "Hard Mode"). It will be coming in 2019.

Luigi's Mansion remake
I remember wanting a Super Mario Sunshine remake for 3DS, but this is even better! I've wanted to try this game for ages but Gamecube games are really expensive right now (saw the original Animal Crossing for nearly £300, its that crazy). I'm excited to play this later in the year. It would be awesome if it came out near Halloween (maybe even with that figure they had on Club Nintendo?)

Nintendo Switch

The Third Party Stuff
All these third party games that are coming is just awesome. Usually I only play Nintendo for the first party stuff, but all this stuff is really tempting. We are getting titles like;

  • Okami HD (Summer 2018)
  • Undertale (Eventually...)
  • Crash Bandicoot Triligy (July 10th)
  • South Park Fractured But Whole (April 24th)
Mario Tennis Aces
It looks like a good game and I know that Nintendo warned told us that it would be on the Direct, but all that stuff about the tennis techniques dragged on for so long. It made a good bathroom break though. I'm glad that they are finally using more unique characters though (Chain Chomp was a nice, random touch that was a lot better than Pink Gold Peach). It will be coming out on June 22nd.

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker Switch/3DS
I'm so glad that I didn't buy the Wii U version like I planned to, especially with the additional Super Mario Odyssey levels that they added. Plus the multiplayer is a nice touch! I look forward to that on July 13th

SUPER SMASH BROS SWITCH
While watching that teaser trailer, my first thought were "why are they porting the original Splatoon after announcing so much for the sequel?" Then BAM! Inkling girl had that symbol in her eye and I started screaming and crying like a kid. I am so excited and its coming out THIS YEAR! Yaaay!

So there you have it. I thought this was a really cool Direct overall. I feel like there won't be much to offer at E3 now though. Maybe they'll have Smash playable by then, but that's a stretch. Either way, thank you for reading and Miitopia will return next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment