Wednesday 21 March 2018

Squishy's thought on the Kirby Star Allies demo

The demo has been out for a few weeks now and I finally got around to trying it out. I've played Kirby Epic Yarn, Kirby's Adventure Wii (Kirby Returns to Dreamland in America) and I remember playing Kirby's Rainbow Curse(?) as a young child, so I know a bit about the series. So here is what I thought about the Kirby Star Allies demo!

The demo lets you try two stages. For the sake of nostalgia I played the Grassland Stage. I watched my brother play the other stage a few times.


I like how easy it is to use multiplayer n the Switch! Here are the control options and what each button does. Kirby is usually pretty simple.


Like most of the series, they take you through the controls using simple signs or illustrations which is always nice. Not too difficult and not holding your hand too much.


One bad thing about the game though is how long it takes to go through a simple door. We don't need a 10 second loading screen every single time (and there were 4-5 in this level alone). Hopefully its just the demo version that does this.


The main point of this game is to use the "power of friendship" to make your enemies your allies.


They will follow you throughout the stage and you can recruit up to three (or probably less if your on multiplayer)


The AI for the allies is very good. I'm glad the game doesn't penalize you for using single player.


Another use for the allies to the ability to mix or merge your copy abilities together to make a stronger attack. That kind of feature hasn't been used since Kirby 64.



The end of Grassland had Whispy Woods as the boss (surprise, surprise).


Oh no! Its Puzzle Swap!


I'm kidding, its the collectible for the game I'm guessing.

Overall, its a good game with some awesome and well done mechanics. Its not surprising since there doesn't seem to be any bad Kirby games but its really accessible. Thank you for reading and have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment