Friday 10 August 2018

Squishy's thoughts on the Smash Bros Direct 2018

OMG THEY KILLED LUIGI! NOOOOO!!! He's okay...


A couple of days ago, a Smash Bros direct went live (like the large chunk of E3 wasn't enough for Smash). I watched it and decided to give my thoughts. So here we go.

So they started off with a character reveal trailer. Due to leaks, I knew they announced Simon from Castlevania. Cool! A lot of people wanted him in and its cool to see a character who mainly uses a whip. What I wasn;t expecting was the addition of his brother, Ritcher as an Echo fighter. That was awesome so we ended up with two for the price of one! Great start and glad they didn't leak Ritcher too. Luigi's resting place Dracula's castle was also announced to be a stage. It looks really nice. Happy with this, even though I'm clueless about Castlevania.

Next they showed us two more Echo fighters. Dak Samus and Chrom! Maybe its because I've never played a Metroid game, but I don't know why they put in Dark Samus. Sure they did it for Pit and Dark Pit, but he/she/they feel more like a palette swap then a different character that got the Echo treatment. Chrom on the otter hand, I'm so happy about. I'm actually proud that he went from this...


To this...


Our little Chrom is growing up so fast!

Next, they started going on about other things such as stages, music, modes and the menu design (with a blurred out part). 900 SONGS! AND the music can be picked by series instead of by stage? That's awesome! Time to play the loudest songs in the most lighthearted levels! I like that you can listen to the music in portable mode with the screen turned off, but I don't know if I'll use it. Awesome that its there though.

They ended the Direct off with another character reveal trailer. They started off by showing off images of characters fighting their corresponding villains (which by the way, I want posters off). Then it goes to DK and Diddy. Yo guessed it, they actually added King K Rool! What a time to be alive!

Overall, I think Sakurai deserves a long break. He's seriously giving us everyone we've asked for over the years. This is already one of the best Super Smash Bros games in history. Thank you for reading and have a good weekemd!

No comments:

Post a Comment