Wednesday 15 August 2018

Squishy's thoughts on the Warioware Gold Demo

"Its Wario time! Oh yeah, no money" So I'm gonna play the demo instead! I played the demo for Warioware Gold and decided to give my thoughts on it. Here we gooooooo!

I've played every game in the series except for Twisted, and DIY Showcase (RIP Wii Shop Channel). So Warioware Gold is the first Warioware game since DIY in 2009 and DIY Showcase in 2010 (unless you count Game and Wario, which released in 2013). Gold would be the definitive version in the series, with microgames and modes from past games along with some new ones. Though the demo only has a few microgames and only has Wario. So I'll be talking about that.

First off, the game is fully voice acted, which is a first for the series. I really like this! It gives me a Saturday morning cartoon vibe. I hope it stays for future installments in the series. The music and sound effects are also really wacky and fun, from what I heard in the demo.

Then there's the gameplay. Its the same as every Warioware game, but for those who don't know what its all about, its where you go through these little rapid fire "microgames". If you lose all four of your lives, its game over. Usually each new Warioware game has something new to show off (the first one used buttons, Touched used the bottom screen, Smooth Move used the Wii remote in different ways etc), But Gold decided to put three of the main microgame styles in one game. Mash, Touch and Twist. I like that they did this since I was wondering what new thing the 3DS could have done. Its honestly cooler to have all these things "mashed" together.

Overall, I really liked the demo. I will be sure to get the full game at some point, since there are a lot more features in it. Thank you for reading and I'll see you here again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment