Sunday 23 December 2018

Squishmas 2018 Day 11 - 2018 look back

Its that time of year where I will be looking at the New Years resolutions I came up with last year and see if I have completed them. You can find last year's resolutions here! So without further ado, let's get started!

Look back at 2018
2018 has been an awesome year! We finally got an announement for Animal Crossing Switch, I finished high school and I started taking my Youtube channel a little more seriously. Now to look at last year's resolutions and my progress. Most of them are from last year's blog post, but I also added some of the more real life ones from my Twitter account!

Going through my gaming backlog - I think I made my gaming backlog worse since then. Since I won an eshop voucher over the summer, I spent it on older games and have only touched one. Why i chose to buy two Mario RPGs and Sonic Mania I don't know. I really need to work on this backlog before I forget.

Try some new games/series - I finally played a Sims games that isn't a rubbish DS version of it. I really enjoyed it! Miitopia was another one that I wasn't sure about until I actually played it. I'm still going through it on the blog. There's also Sonic Mania (even if I can't make it past Chemical Plant Zone). I do still have some PC games that I want to try, like the two Portal games. Plus Final Fantasy is coming to the Switch next year, so I actually have a decent chance of getting to play it.

Grow more as a blogger - This is one of those things that I can't really see for myself. On the one hand, my content has improved a bit and I've been writing more in advance. But then again, I have missed a lot of posting days without much of a valid reason. It honestly bothers me more than it probably does for everyone else, but that could just be because I'm too hard on myself lol.

Try some other things besides blogging - I did this! In the form of a YouTube channel! Sure I didn't properly get into it until around July-August, but I've gotten myself a good little following. I appriate every view, comment, like and subscriber that comes by. I work really hard on my Warioware covers and the other random stuff that pops up every now and then (even the memes). My streaming flopped, but I will hopefully give that another go behind the scenes when I have time.

Be more social - Haha... I've gotten worse. There's not much chance of that improving, but it will be a resolution for next year anyway. Nope!

So there you have it! That is what I have (and haven't) achieved this year. I really look forward to 2019 and what it has to offer. Thank you for reading and I'll see you all here tomorrow for Toy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment