Tuesday 22 August 2017

Squishy: 5 things I want to see in Animal Crossing Switch

In E3 2017, almost every one of Nintendo's franchises was present at lest once, except for Animal Crossing. Personally I see a late 2018/early 2019 release even though the app is suppose to come out this year. Since I'm hyped for an unannounced game, here are 5 things that  want to see in the Switch instalment of Animal Crossing.

A bigger and better town
Personally New Leaf's town felt small to me. This could be because its on a portable device or because its being flooded with Public Work's projecs. Either way I think the Switch can have a town as good as the Gamecube version (while keeping New Leaf's features).

I also had the idea of having different ground other than snow and different coloured grass. Instead of having to make a desert pattern you could have the option to turn part of your town into a desert for bells. There could be other types as well and villagers could comment on them while walking around. It was touched on in Happy Home designer when they had islands and mountain summits so its possible. It sounds random but I think it could work for Animal Crossing.

Since I never played the Gamecube Animal Crossing I did some research on its features. It would be nice to have a 15 villager limit instead of 10 (or 8 like in Wold World). It would make the town more alive and busy.

More PWP options and variety
I love the addition of Public Works Projects but I hate how you obtain them. Waiting for a certain villager to ask for a certain PWP can sometimes put me off being creative in my town. What if there were multiple ways to unlock them? They could be unlocked by;
  • Taking part in events (similar to the weeding festival)
  • Getting certain badges
  • Getting along with special characters (for example, Jingle could unlock a festive tree PWP)
  • Just by playing and unlocking stuff
I would also like more variety and functionality with them. We should also be allowed to turn them around.

More festivals
Besides the customisation, the festivals are my favourite part of the game. I decided to do some research to see if there were any backstory or origins to the non-Japanese events. In the process I also paid attention to how many non-Japanese holidays were available in each month. In my finding I discovered that a lot of months in the year don't actually have much. May doesn't even have an event (unless getting flowers from Mom counts). I have compiled a list of possible event ideas and what they could do which I will list at a future date

We could also hold the events in more places than just the plaza. We could hold some at the beach or even Club LOL. We could continue to use the plaza for more traditional events.

A new museum collectible and more
The museum did get an upgrade in New Leaf but I think they could add another thing for the villagers to collect. Maybe something simple like one of every flower or some weirder like a wider variety of sea shells to collect.

I liked the addition of the museum shop but I missed making consolations (even if a lot of us only bother to use it once). Maybe the shop could be open during the day and you can only make consolations at night.

Better multiplayer
If we got a mix of New Leaf's features and City Folk/Lets Go To The City's communication options the multiplayer would be amazing. Some people mentioned making the multiplayer allow up to 8 players. This could allow for team Island minigames. I would add a few things to the multiplayer though such as;
  • The ability to look back at messages. The amount of times players have missed something because they were going through a building is crazy
  • Longer message showing times. It was 30 seconds in the Wii game and 5 seconds in New Leaf (I'm not sure about Wild World). Bring it back to 30 seconds please.
  • The ability to see everyone on the map. This could be toggled on and off so that hide and seek isn't ruined
People have mentioned voice chat but services like Discord and (sigh) Nintendo's voice chat app, I don't see a need.

So there you have it. Those are the top 5 things that I would like to see in the next Animal Crossing. If anyone has any other ideas feel free to leave it in the comments. Thank you for reading and have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment